3 Ways to Setting up Your SP Services in Singapore

How To Open and Apply For an SP Utilities Account Online

3 Ways

To open your SP services account, make sure you prepare the following documents:

- Proof of occupancy of your home, such as a Tenancy Agreement/property tax slip

- A copy of your IC or FIN (both front and back)

- A signed and completed application form for SP services utilities account (For in-person applications)


1. Setting Up Your SP Utilities Account Online

Head to either the SP services website or SP utilities app

On the website: Click on "Open Utilities Account" and "Residential – Domestic"

On the app: Go to "Explore" and "Open Utilities"

Then, fill up your personal details, and address and also indicate whether you need a gas supply

You will need to upload photos of your NRIC or FIN, and may need to attach property ownership and/or tax documents

Singaporeans can log in using MyInfo with your SingPass to save the hassle of submitting your NRIC or FIN copies


2. Head to SP Customer Service Centre

You can visit the following SP Services customer service centre to get in-person assistance:

490 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #09-11, HDB Hub Biz Three Lift Lobby 1, Singapore 310490

Opening hours

Mon to Fri (8.30am to 5pm)

Sat (8.30am to 1pm)

Closed on Sun and Public Holidays

SP Services contact/SP Services hotline

SP Services Billing/Account enquiries: 1800 222 2333

SP Services supply interruption (electricity): 1800 778 8888

SP Services supply interruption (gas): 1800 752 1800

SP Services supply interruption (water): 1800 225 5782


3. SP Services Security Deposit Amount

Setting up an account with the SP group will require a security deposit. The SP services deposit amount is used to cover any outstanding upon the termination of the lease. If there is no outstanding or there is a balance, the monies will be refunded upon termination.

To terminate your SP services, you can either:

Do the SP services termination via the SP Utilities App (enter your SP services login details)

Email the SP services termination form to SP services at spsupply@spgroup.com.sg

Walk in and terminate it at the SP services customer service centre

The SP services deposit amount ranges from $40 to $400 for Singaporeans/Permanent Residents, and $80 to $800 for non-Singaporeans/Permanent Residents.


Track the progress of your SP Utilities Application

The SP services app is your best friend. It tracks everything including the progress of your application.

Homeowners moving into new BTO or new SBF flats may skip this part as turn-on appointments are not required as the electrical and water supply for BTO flats is turned on before you move in.

For HDB resale flats, condos, and all other residential properties, the account holder or a representative must be present during the turn-on appointment. SP services technicians are required to visit your home for a safety inspection before SP utilities can turn on your supply.


How to Pay Your SP Utilities Bill

You can pay your electricity bill via:


Credit card

AXS machines and/or app

Internet banking

SP services centre

SingPost offices

7-Eleven stores

As seen above, there are quite a few straightforward ways to pay your SP utilities bill.

1. Pay via GIRO

GIRO payment is pretty straightforward; simply print and fill up the GIRO form and send it via mail. Or if haven’t already, set up a GIRO account via your online banking account.

2. Pay by Credit Card

To get the most bang for your buck, we recommend doing recurring bill payments through the SP utilities mobile app with a debit/credit card.

3. Pay Through AXS Machines or the AXS Mobile App

Pay your SP utilities bill at any AXS Machine. Simply scan the barcode on your bill statement and pay via NETS or your credit card. You can also pay via the AXS mobile app.

4. Pay Through iBanking

This is only available for DBS and POSB users. Log in to your online banking account. Under "Bills", select/ type "SP Services". Then enter/scan the bill reference number before paying.

5. Pay at SP Services Customer Service Centre, Post Offices or 7-Eleven Stores

Prefer a more traditional way? Head to SP services customer service centre and make your payment via cash, credit card, NETS or cheque. You can also pay at any post office or 7-Eleven store with cash, NETS or cash card.



We would love to help you get the most out of your property.

Should you be thinking of selling, or would simply like an update of where your property sits in today's market, book a non-obligatory discussion with one of our TemasekClass consultants.